Thursday, June 3, 2010

He did it!!!


Jacob's Journey, as we have called this, took an incredible pause for celebration today. I got to the Cabrillo College stadium early. The Jr High graduation had just ended and I was totally confused by all the people. No robes, boy they look young. Ahh not seniors but 8th graders. I called Jake. "Where are you." I was hoping to connect and hang out before his graduation. "I am at the beach, do you have any food?" He wants to be on his own unless I am going to feed him. :) Typical teenager.

It was a great day. The principal summarized some of the accomplishments of the class: sports championships, academic accomplishments, and charitable contributions. He also mentioned something about Jacob Kirkendall being present to graduate. There was also the word miracle in there but I could not really hear as I was sitting in between Debbie and her sister Julie - the noise was deafening. I teared up a bit and almost lost my contact and as I tried to stand to join in the noise - I got whacked in the head. Nice, awesome, perfect. I will get the video.

It was incredible to consider - strike that - it is still incredible to consider all that Jake has gone through - all that we have gone through - where we still could be right now and yet he did it. He finished his senior year in the midst of over 4 months of hospitalization, several months of rehab, surgeries, etc etc etc. I guess you all know all that - in fact you are all so much a big part of this. I was so blessed today to meet more people for the first time that have been following Jake's journey and have been praying for us. Wow, what a privilege. I always feel so inadequate just saying thank you. There is so much more...so much to say "thank you" for.

Way to go Jake.


Daddy...(Tom)

5 comments:

Christi said...

I'm celebrating with you. His journey has meant so much to me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations JAKE!!!! and THANK YOU!!!!

Kayce said...

Congrats Jacob! You're an inspiration to all. God has wonderful things planned for you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, congratulations go to you Jake...Hope your graduation was spectacular. Can't wait to see your next journey. You are an amazing young man with much to give.

Barb

Lois Stinogel said...

What an awesome God we know!