Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Purple day?!

Graduation is imminent! I do not think that I have written in the blog that Jake has officially finished all of his class work and is graduating on June 3rd. We started late in the school year and I would sit down with him and help a lot. Over these last couple of months he has done it all on his own as he has weened me away from him. Looking back...the momentum is astounding. Just as a flywheel is very difficult to turn and get moving but as the momentum takes over the energy exerted to keep it moving is minimal.
-----
flywheel |ˈflīˌ(h)wēl| - a heavy revolving wheel in a machine that is used to increase the machine's momentum and thereby provide greater stability or a reserve of available power during interruptions in the delivery of power to the machine.-----
There is a lot going on: Jake turned 18, honored by the Red Cross, birthday party, finished school and then Graduation on June 3rd. Aptos High holds their graduation at Cabrillo College at 2pm. Aptos has been great in making sure he got a yearbook, cap and gown, etc. I realized I am going to have to create my own graduation announcement as we never order any. Secretly I like that idea. I am officially declaring June 3rd "purple" day in honor of Jake's graduation...I am going to get my family to wear purple to the graduation...any are welcome to join us. I found some cheap t-shirts at Target.
In the midst of this momentum, our family celebrations continue. Jensen turns 13 and will graduate from 6th grade. Robbie will be home soon and working up at Mount Hermon (a youth camp not far from us). Debbie's teaching aid job is coming to an end for summer, and I am transitioning from the temp job at the Census to chaplain ministry. 
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Grace and peace, 
Tom (daddy) 

No comments: