Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another family to pray for...

My heart is heavy right now. A friend sent me a prayer request which I posted on the Facebook Pray for Jacob Community. Apparently a girl of only 15 years old died on Saturday. The parents Mike and Michelle have already known loss - their other daughter before she reached her third birthday. I am honestly finding it hard to pray for them - this loss is so very deep. It is not right. Parents are not suppose to bury their children - it hurts my heart. I know I am feeling what so many of you have felt - what do I do for them? how do I pray for them?

The best thing that I can do is the only thing that I can do - pray. Pray for strength; pray for faith; pray for hope; pray for their community. I think that I will start to pray that Mike and Michelle will have a Jim and Sue in their life. A couple with unconditional love and acceptance that will just show up with a bottle of cold water and a hug. I will pray for their community to reach out and support them. I will pray for the churches to surround them and be there for them. I guess I will pray that they will find in the midst of their journey the similar strength that we have found in out journey.

And if God would allow us to provide something more, we will be there. But the best thing is the only thing - prayer.

This song by Leeland has been going through my head a lot this week...

Wounded and forsaken
I was shattered by the fall
Broken and forgotten
Feeling lost and all alone
Summoned by the King
Into the Master’s courts
Lifted by the Savior
And cradled in His arms

I was carried to the table
Seated where I don’t belong
Carried to the table
Swept away by His love
And I don’t see my brokenness anymore
When I’m seated at the table of the Lord
I’m carried to the table
The table of the Lord

Fighting thoughts of fear
And wondering why He called my name
Am I good enough to share this cup
This world has left me lame
Even in my weakness
The Savior called my name
In His Holy presence
I’m healed and unashamed

You carried me, my God
You carried me

Great prayer. At the table, though we do not belong, we are welcomed, healed, loved - "and I don't see my brokenness anymore."

Grace and peace,

Tom (Daddy)

No comments: