Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Going home...

I am sitting in Jake's room amazed. Debbie called me this morning and said that when the doctor was taking the staples out of his head (45 not 30 my mistake) he mentioned that there was no reason Jake could not go home on Friday. I being the calm and rational person totally freaked when Debbie told me. "We are not ready. There is so much to do at home. Tell them we need more time." Debbie reached through the phone and slapped me upside the head and calmly said "get things ready, he is coming home." A few phone calls and messages later we are getting ready. Amazing - and still thankful for so many waiting in the wings for a chance to help.

So here we go. Jacob is coming home - not in two weeks but in two days. Crazy, amazing, wonderful. My son is coming home.

I know this is not quite the same context but these verses really speak to me here...

Luke 15:20, 32

"So he (the son) got up and went to his father.
But while he was still a long way off,
his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him,
he ran to his son,
threw his arms around him and kissed him...we had to celebrate
and be glad because this brother of yours was dead
and is alive again,
he was lost and is found."

Going home on Friday...

Tom (Dad)



The celebration suit...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! Praise God!!! I am so excited, who do I call to help? Party time!!

Karen Munshi

Bob Duffy said...

YES! (sorry I can't make the font bigger).
-the Duffys

The Griffin Family said...

That is very exciting news! I am so happy for you to be able have Jake at home now!

Anonymous said...

HOME!!! That safe, wonderful, special place where we yearn to be! There is no better word in all the English language! Our hearts overflow with thankfulness to Jesus, the great physician!!

Rob Namba said...

Hooray for you all! God's faithfulness in this has been amazing. Thanks be to God for sustaining you all and especially Jake.

Anonymous said...

I know when my father came home from the hospital, all those items were written as a prescription from home health care, don't they provide you with those items?

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!

Joslin3 said...

Amazing! What fantasic news.

Laura

Lucie Killian said...

I love the celebration suit! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Praise God your son is coming home!
I'm sure Jacob is as excited as you are. The perfect way to have described it is "the safe place". We will be praying for all that your son going home means, what is needed and the relief it will bring.
We love you Jesus and we thank you.
God Bless!

Cindy Todd said...

Praise be to God! You better keep the blog going. We have all become partners in this journey and I don't want it to end! I must say the shoes really make the outfit!! :) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

So very happy for all of you.