Thursday, August 13, 2009

God is moving....

I have been hanging with Jensen tonight while Debbie was in the room. They did sit Jacob up for about 20 minutes (3 times in one day) and instead of being tired he was a bit more active. He is sleeping now. Good day. So amazingly thankful.

I was asked if Jacob is aware of what is going one. My answer with a big old smile is "more and more." He is exploring, discovering and taking in information. I poked my head in the door and said hi to him and he waved. He is smiling a bit and nodding a bit. Now, understand, it is not all the time - but it is filling up - more and more. This journey is unlike any experience we have ever seen or been through - with a huge community surrounding and supporting us. I am continually amazed at God moving and showing himself to us and for a continual increase of support.

This journey is a difficult and wonderful journey...in his splendid, terrifying power.

Heb 12:18-24 You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, because they could not bear what was commanded: "If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned." The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, "I am trembling with fear." But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven? At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens." The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."

Ah , the kingdom of God - that cannot be shaken - is being taken possession. That is a big part of this journey is recognizing that God is in the midst of all of this and is unfolding and revealing his kingdom - that which is growing and increasing Godliness - righteousness, holiness, the presence of God.

God is speaking and moving and revealing himself - so thankful for so much. Jake is moving as well - being restored to where God wants him - God is in this.

Love, peace, hope...

Tom (Dad)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him...(Lamentations 3:21-25) Praising the Lord with you! Praying for you, The Eichhorn Family

Noree said...

Tommy and all...
What words to wake up to this morning "he waved"...I have no words for you...just tears of joy. I know this is yet another step, and the journey continues...but now, now, the steps are quickening, and with each step, renewed hope.
Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!
Love to you all!!
Bless, bless, bless,
Noree

Anonymous said...

Tom - I'm Sage's dad and I just can't tell you how happy I am for you and your family that Jacob waved - I can barely keep it together right now - I'm so happy for you and your wife and family - I'm scared but this wave is helping me - I don't know what else to say. How you have managed is anyones guess - please know that we all think and pray for you all the time.

Chris (the bald guy)

Victoria said...

Rec'd email request to post from Carol:
Tom,
God is moving more and more in Jacob. That is so awesome! I can't imagine how you must of felt to see him wave at you. It surely makes you want to cry for joy for the goodness of God.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR THIS GIFT!!!!!
Blessings, Carol