Wednesday, August 19, 2009

clear face...

Jake is resting now... surgery successful - no more tubes in his face. He looks so good.

Right before the surgery he got very agitated and I could see fear - heart wrenching fear on his face. I have seen it before each of the last days at different times but especially in the evening. I hate it - but also know it is reality and I need to stand there with him as he moves through it. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to come into consciousness and see blue-masked; blue-headed; blue-handed people with matching yellow smocks starting down at me. We usually pull down our masks to smile at him and allow him to see our faces.

Bandage changes which use to take over an hour are now around 15-20 minutes - tremendous healing Jake has gone through.

Psalm 20
May the LORD answer you when you are in distress;
may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.
May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. Selah

May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.

Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed;
he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.
O LORD, save the king! Answer us when we call!

Jacob has come such a long way in 9 weeks - the road ahead is still unclear and undoubtedly filled with more entanglement - but from this view - there is relief, restoration, life.

Again, again and again - thanks for supporting us.

Love, peace joy...

Tom (Dad)

7 comments:

Susie Boggs said...

Oh my gosh, I bet he is so much more comfortable now without all of that stuff around his face. So happy to hear that all is improving, like you said before, baby steps : )

Good job Jacob ~!!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful to see Jacob - no tubes - that wonderful face!! You must be cheering for joy!

Enjoy every moment of these amazing strides forward - what utter blessing and answer to prayer. God really heals! He really listens to prayer! Jacob sees you and smiles and is with you!

Praise God, and continued daily prayers for you all as the journey continues from here. This blog is a total blessing, and we don't miss a day. We love praying for you all. It is an honor. We are with you all the way!
The Christensens

Barbara Adney said...

I have been following Jacob since his injury and praying for him and all of you. I am astounded and grateful for the faith you share with all of us and the bitter truth along with it of your heartache. To see your wonderful son,brother, grandson and friend in his situation must be excruiating and yet you cling to faith. Thank you for sharing with all of us. We have never met before but I hope some day we will as I have come to feel a closeness to all of you. I am having a Garage sale on the 29th of this month and all the proceeds are going to help Jacob and you, his family. I thought I might share this with you in case some of the people reading this might want to come by and "shop for Jacob". If you would like and it is okay I will give my address and the time for all to check it out. Again my prayers are so with all of you. Tom or Debbie let me know if you would like to post this, badney@comcast.net

Lynlee said...

Your stuck with me for life - I'm not going anywhere. Praying continues. So thankful for the awakening and healing. Much love to all.

Sharon Shenk said...

Just read Barbara's comment. I have a garage sale in mind too - with all proceeds going to Jacob and family. Where do you live? Maybe we could coordinate?

Barbara Adney said...

To Sharon: email me at the above email address and lets see what happens for the sale.

Victoria said...

Rec'd email request to post from Carol:

Hi Tom,

God is so faithful!!!!!

Blessings, Carol