Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sustained through the night...

Good morning to all of you who found rest last night and to those of you who were kept up in prayer for us. Although it pains me to hear that people are losing sleep because of Jacob, it is also an encouragement that he is being sustained by you through the night.

Jacob had a "good" night. Nothing really to speak of. My mom just got to the hospital. My dad and I are going to breakfast to relax with each other before I head to work. He is resting.

The lyrics from the song "Burn in me" by the band The Glorious Unseen are amazing. I will simply finish the lyrics from that song that the song left out, because it is where I have been at the last few days:

I'm crying...

How I long to be broken
How I long to be near you
How my heart skips beats when
Your love accepts me as I am.

-Robbie

4 comments:

design one e said...

This is great news, Robbie. I am so glad to hear that you are taking good care of each other, nurturing your own spirits. It sounds like Jacob is resting and healing. Baby steps are good. He is in the protective arms of our Father. We are praying for miracles and are warmed by every step in that direction.

Bob Duffy said...

We can praise God together when "nothing really to speak of" is something to speak of. We continue to pray for Jacob's healing, and God's provision of strength and encouragement to your family.
-the Duffys

diVerz said...

"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." ~Victor Hugo

Jacob is in our thoughts and prayers.

~The Sibley Family

upwardflight said...

Yep, up at 2 checking in on you all to pray. Much love,
karen