Monday, July 20, 2009

Pray o Pray that Tuesday be a day of restoration

Robbie left me a note on my computer to blog about two things:
1. We are sensing this urgent prayer for Jacob to wake up tomorrow. Robbie has been writing in a journal to Jake each night. He said this: "I reached the end of my journal to him and feel a go-ahead to pray that there would be no more need to journal, because we will be able to communicate. Ask people to pray that he would wake up, tube out, be healthy...prayer for tomorrow."

2. Isaiah 54:9-10 Robbie wrote, "it is insane, mind-blowing that in this prophetic book that both scholars and casual readers alike consider to be about God's judgment and wrath on a rebellious nation, we find this verse is within that context:
9 "To me this is like the days of Noah,
when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.
So now I have sworn not to be angry with you,
never to rebuke you again.

10 Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

Here is a link to read the whole chapter:
Isaiah 54

That is from Robbie - the rest is from me. Robbie you may have to add a comment here when you get a chance.

For the last several years through some very dependent times on God, I have held to and preached that we often get in the way of what God is trying to do. It is far more important for us to stand back and understand what God is doing and join Him in than it is for us to ask God to join what we are doing. By God's very nature he is alive and creating and acting. He did not set the world in motion and then disappear. Miracles happen - not by what we do but by what God does. Perhaps faith is not strength to get God to move mountains but faith is more about stop trying to to move the mountain ourselves and watch what God can and is doing.

In all that is going on with Jacob - I deeply want to step in and make things happen. I wonder right now in my spirit and after reading what Robbie wrote if we would let go - letting our requests and petitions to God be clear - and clearly watch for the wonder of God to restore Jacob: awake, tube out, healthy.

That does sound quite insane doesn't it? Faith is not about hanging on but letting God. Oh that is so very hard to let go of my son as Abraham let go of Isaac. Yet letting God to God should be easy because he is far more able than I am.

O Lord, our God in faith we let go in faith
Allow us to step back and to see your movement
In what has happened to Jacob, whom you love
these mountains have been shaken and the hills have been removed,
our world has been rocked
and yet your unfailing love for us will not be shaken
your covenant of peace is secure
you love Jacob more than his father
your compassion will not falter
As we rest tonight in your grace
we awaken in the morning to a day of restoration
to this we release in faith in you, O Lord our God.
Healing, power, restoration.

tom and robbie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom, we are SO alike! Thank you for expressing your thoughts so well and for Robbie, whose gifts are becoming so apparent, for doing the same. I am constantly trying to do things that I feel God wants me to do, but it usually ends up exactly that (wrong) way- me doing, me striving, me longing, me trying to do. Instead, I believe we should be acting more like you say, joining Him in all He is doing. Praising Him in all situations. When we boil it down, He loves us and His purposes are so much more profound and holy than anything I can imagine. If God is for us, who can be against us. Usually it is me that is against me. My desires, my plans, my ways that are so finite and unknowing compared to the unbelievably majestic things He is able to do. I too pray that His timing is complete that Jacob will be ready to be awake with you tomorrow. I know you miss him, hopefully the 3 weeks of rest is enough to give him the strength to begin the next step of this fight. P.S. The surfing was not up to par today. Blessing, Guy B.

Anonymous said...

Yes and Amen! I am in agreement with you in this early hour that today is the day of restoration! God of Israel please restore Jacob today and we thank you for your mercy and grace.

This post brought me to tears. The Spirit of God shall pierce through the darkness and bring forth light on this Tuesday, the day of the double portion blessing.

Although you don't know us, our family has been praying for you everyday, including my 8yr old son and 7yr old daughter.

Just as Jacob wrestled with God before he became Israel, we have wrestled with God for Jacob's sake through the dark night, and when the morning comes, God of Israel will hear Jacob's plea and Jacob will become Israel.

I am praying and waiting for the morning and the good news.

Faye

Captain Kirk(endall) said...

Isaiah 54 is an amazing chapter. Please read it. Shows that, if we are reading correctly, we have nothing left today but the love of God. HIs wrath is gone. His anger will never come again, in the same manner that he will never again flood the earth with the waters of Noah. Nothing but his love. Unconditional, agape love that sacrifices itself to be with us.
Hanging out with Jacob's friends doing concert-related stuff, seeing the outpouring from all of you, watching Jacob lie in his hospital bed... I am beginning to see what that love is like.
Do we really understand this love?

-Robbie

Victoria said...

I rec'd this by email last week to post:

Every time I lay hands on Jacob's picture I hear the Father saying, "He is well. He is being healed. He will hear My voice every time I call his name. He is mine and I hold him close to My heart! He is well in Jesus Name! Amen!
Love and blessings,
Suzie

design one e said...

You don't know us, either, but we have been praying for you every day...including our three children (so excited that Jacob's Man Group is almost to 1000 members!) who are 12, 11, and 9. We are rooting for you, Jacob, Tom, Debbie, Robbie and Jensen...thinking of you constantly and sending best love.

Anonymous said...

Today after reading your post my heart and mind were filled with the lyrics from Casting Crowns' "Praise You in the Storm". Your family is an inspiring example of Christ-centered strength, I am in awe of your faith. You didn't want this to happen to Jake, and it shouldn't have, but please know that your family is changing people's lives by the example of your heartfelt trust in Jesus to heal him. These lyrics were literally written for your family - "Though my heart is torn, I will praise you in this storm." We all would like to think we'd praise Him in the storm, but you actually are. God Bless you.

Here is the song on YouTube if you'd like to listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw