Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Morning 7/6

Robbie took Debbie to the hospital this morning and then headed to work. I am getting going now and need to run some errands. Debbie called and things seem to be okay this morning with Jacob. She is waiting for the doctor. They usually change the bandages and bedding about now. She said there was a lot of bleeding overnight where they operated yesterday (back, underarm and foot). It seemed to stop on its own. We did get some sleep last night and woke early. Thanks for those that did not get much sleep and kept up the prayers for Jake and for us.

So far right now please pray for a day of stability - that his vitals would continue to be steady and that the infection in his lungs would continue to improve. And yes do pray for healing, restoration, and protection. Pray also for recognition of God's Kingdom in the midst of tragedy and triumph.

This morning I read 2 Chronicles 10-11, Colossians 1, and Psalm 31 - really cool combination. (By the way if you want to join me in reading through the Bible in a year here is the link for our church website Bible reading plan: http://www.whatisgenesis.com/247-about/) There is a lot in there I could write about but here is one verse that jumped out to me in the midst of Jacob's Journey.

Ps 31:21-22
Praise be to the Lord,
for he showed his wonderful love to me
when I was in a besieged city.
In my alarm I said,
"I am cut off from your sight!"
Yet you heard my cry for mercy
when I called to you for help.


I thank God for your prayers, your hope, your spirit joining with God and the chorus of angels on behalf of Jacob. Please do not underestimate how much your prayers matter. vs 24 says "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

In the Grip of God,

Tom

1 comment:

Bob Duffy said...

We are claiming the promise "the effectual prayer of righteous men accomplishes much" and "we are only righteous by the blood of Christ". We keep on praying (without ceasing).
-the Duffys