Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stability and Jr Gaurds

Good morning. I just wanted to give you a quick update this morning. Jacob had a continued stable night... "thank you, thank you, Lord." He is fourth on the docket for surgery today. We expect that it will be after noon. So of course our prayer is for stability - and continued healing - restoration.

Ps 32:6-7
Therefore, let everyone who is godly
pray to you while you may be found;
surely when the might waters rise
they will not reach him.
You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Today and tomorrow the Jr Lifeguards in Capitola have asked to do some raffles and stuff in Jacob's honor. Four years ago Jacob participated in the program. It is a great program. I woke up this morning thinking about hundreds of kids participating in a program that grounds them in principles that can help to save lives and teaches them how to be safe in the ocean. Make a difference in a life...

More to come...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So happy to hear that Jacob is stable. I think when Jacob wakes he will tell stories of how God talked to him through this ordeal. I am praying that he will remain stable and his breathing will continue to improve, that the surgery will be a huge success. I am praying that as they debride that his body will willingly release the dead tissue and the surgery will be brief and minimally invasive. I know how hard it is to tell God to have his way when you don't know what all that might entail. Surrendering your child to anyone else is hard. Just know that we are surrounding you all with prayer and believe that God is the only one who speaks with finality. Love, Becky

renee said...

I'm SO happy to hear that he's still stable! Praise God! Also, the outpouring of love & prayers has been so cool to see. You won't believe all of the pictures I've recieved so far. I've gotten over 100 e-mails from all over the world and I'm sure so many more are praying that haven't sent photos. I'm taking the night shifts as I haven't been able to sleep this week ; )

Again, I love you all and I am proud of you. Your testimony is getting better by the hour! It's an honor to be a part of your "family"!

-Renee