Monday, July 6, 2009

direct to the heart

It is 4:30 and I just got back from running some errands - getting our own pills from the pharmacy and depositing some blessings from Corralitos Community Church. Such a humbling blessing. Their goal today is to work on Jacob's nutrients.

As I write they are doing a surgical procedure inserting a pick line above his heart to drip medicine and/or nutrients directly to his heart. This will allow the meds and nutrients to get more quickly in his system. Ultimate fast food - and fat free. Waiting is so very hard. It is so easy to get use to quick solutions and answers as we live in this fast-food-internet world. Webster has been replaced by Google. Cell phones have made pay phones almost obsolete. There is a lot to learn as we wait, as we stop, as we listen.

Ps 27:13-14
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.



Tom

PS it is now 5:45...I just came out. Pick line is in. Baby steps.

3 comments:

renee said...

Tom,
I agree that the waiting is extremely difficult! It's even tough waiting from a distance so I can't imagine being right there on the front lines. I hit refresh on my computer (which ALWAYS has the blog open) about every 1/2 hour when I'm home and resist the urge to call or text you. We just love you and want to be there for you in any way possible. We stop and pray numerous times a day.

It's also been theraputic to be able to work on Jacob's photo book. We've gotten some great pictures and I can't wait until he's well enough to see them all. Please keep the pictures coming, people!

Bob Duffy said...

Tom,
I have been praying this earnestly for your entire family for the past few days: "The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable (though mine often is...). He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." Is. 40:28-31 (with unauthorized commentary)

We continue to pray for God's mighty hand of power, strength and healing.

-the Duffys

Brad Williamson said...

Just wanted to let you know we are praying in Michigan.

I'm Brad Williamson, uncle of Connor, of the ConnorWatch Community, and I just read the blog, and like the title of this article, it went direct to my heart.

My words are inadequate, but you are not alone - we will continue to lift you and Jacob up in prayer, confident that the hand of God will hold him and comfort you, and that you will find the strength to deal with each new challenge.

Brad