Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Breathe oh Lord

Jacob came out of surgery number 3.

They were not able to get to more wound cleaning as his lungs took priority. His breathing reacted badly when they were moving him onto the table. They brought the pulmonary doctor in and they scoped with a camera his lungs. They found damage from the electricity. The roller coaster continues. Jacob's lungs need to heal themselves and of course will take time. This of course take priority. He is back resting in his room. His blood pressure remains strong and they have changed his paralytic medicine.

At this point their is nothing additional the doctors can do. But we know that there is a God who is fully in control and can heal Jacob's lungs. We know how to pray.

Lord heal my son, heal his lungs, grant us mercy - may Your glory shine forth in radiant splendor. Through the chorus of the saints throughout the world, we lift up our cries to You. More than anything Lord, we ask your presence to be with Jacob that He may know you are there. Hear our cries Lord, Hear our plea.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Praying for his lungs...

Joslin3 said...

We are praying with you.

Ambassador said...

You don't know me, but my sister was chaplain with Robbie. I heard about this and I want you to know that I will be praying for you all and especially Jacob. From what I can tell in these blogs, God has been sustaining your family with immense strength and faith and confidence in his goodness. Anyone else in this situation may very well crumble. But your faith is an inspiration. May God continue to grant you a closer walk and a more full revelation of Himself through this. May he heal Jacob and raise him up to be a powerful testimony of God's healing power and his grace and mercy. May Jacob go forward from this in victory as more than a conqueror through the very One who understands and feels and has felt his pain. May he fall deeper into the love of Christ.

Lorrie said...

I can't help but think of that worship and praise song...Breath of God.
Breathe on me breath of God, my spirit yearns for you, Hide me in your fathering arms Fill up my longing soul. Flood over me like a river my God, immerse me in your living stream. Awaken the song that you placed in my heart, Spirit breathe on me...
Lord breathe healing into Jacob's lungs
Love Lorrie Bridges