Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tues Night

We are sitting here in Jacob's room as it approaches 10 pm. Robbie, Debbie and I. I am typing with rubber gloves...each time we enter we have to wash our hands and put on rubber gloves and then throw them out and wash again. Not a problem...

Just a few minutes ago he thrashed a bit. His body is in such pain. Sometimes his body just reacts to the invasion of the tubes and wires and wrappings and braces. They had to put a restraint on his left hand to keep him from accidentally pulling out a tube - or in Jacob's case it might be on purpose...he is a little ornery. The nurses like that as it will be a positive in rehab. Also he is strong. All that surfing. Oh Lord get him back on the waves again.

His right arm in a brace and elevated, hanging with a long tube of gauze...pray for his right arm. Lord heal his right arm.

I read this Psalm this morning and then to Jacob just a bit ago.

Ps 24
the earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness
the world and those who dwell therin
for He has founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the waters
who may ascend into the hill of the Lord
or who may stand in His holy place?
he who has clean hands and a pure heart
who has not lifted up his soul to an idol
nor sworn deceitfully
he shall receive blessing from the Lord
and righteousness from the God of his salvation
this is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him
who seek Your face, selah
lift up your heads, O you gates
and be lifted up, you everlasting doors
who is the King of glory?
the Lord strong and mighty
the Lord mighty in battle
lift up your heads, o you gates
lift up you everlasting doors
and the King of glory shall come in
who is the King of glory?
the Lord of hosts
He is the King of glory
selah

9 comments:

renee said...

Hehehe! He is ornery, isn't he! I love that boy! We're still here and checking in every half hour or so. Kendall and Caroline are praying that God fixes all of Jacob's "parts" and Nathan keeps asking if you've updated. We're all praying continually and love you! Debbie, call me when you get a chance...even if it's two weeks from now. I can't stop thinking about you...

-Renee

erniem said...

Hi Jacob. My name is Ernie Morales and I am a youth pastor in San Jose. I was there with a jr high group when the accident happened. Some of your friends came running to my car to call 911. i did along with our children's pastor who was also there. Our jr highers were on the beach praying for you and reading scripture. We continued to pray for you and will continue to. I pray the Jesus will heal you and bring you to a quick recovery. I pray God's peace over you and your family.

caroll said...

Thinking of you Jacob and all of your family constantly. Thank you for keeping us updated through this blog. Sending you much love during these difficult times. Caroll

thebodygarage said...

We've been praying hard for Jacob and for comfort for you all. We are here if you need anything! So many people are reading your testimonies...God is so very evident! My parents' church and the church my brother pastors are praying too. We love your family and will continue praying for Jacob's full recovery!

-Stephanie & Jeff

Laurie said...

Hi, this is Laurie and Rene Schlaepfer from TLC... We and our eleven-year old son David (and our whole church, which is being kept updated by Susie Williams and Charlie Broxton via e-mail) are praying for Jacob and your family. We have all been so blessed by reading your profound and honest blog. May God heal Jacob, give the doctors, nurses, and attendants wisdom, and comfort and energize the family. We love you.

Tony C said...

hi i am Tony Chang you probably dont remember me from Monte Vista, i met you when you still played golf. Anyway, I will always pray for your family.

L√ľku said...

Hi there. Although I never got the chance to meet Jacob, his story really touches me.


Jermiah 46 27 'Do not be afraid, Jacob my servant; do not be dismayed, Israel. I will surely save you out of a distant place, your descendants from the land of their exile. Jacob will again have peace and security, and no-one will make him afraid.


Im praying for you.

Rebecca said...

It's been a long time since we talked. This is Becky Gomes, mom to Jeremy, Sarah, and Daniel Braithwaite. I just heard about the challenges you all are facing. I just wanted to write and let you know that we stand with you. I ask God to bar any outcome but his own because Jake could not be in better hands than Gods. You have blessed us all with your ministry and I will never forget your investments. I send you hugs and will pray until... I ask God to redeem, restore and overwhelmingly bless you despite the present circumstances. I ask God to give you minute by minute insight into how to pray effectively for Jake. For Jacob, I ask, and know, that Jesus is in this with you. He will not leave, or rest, but will walk each step of this road with you. He will listen to everything you want to say and feel, he's up for it. Know that we are all praying for you and are standing by to help, however we can. You are priceless to us and to God. Tom, Debbie, and Robbie - we love you. It is clear that God is sustaining you and I know he will keep on holding you. We're here too. Thank you for allowing us to pray along with you. Please ask for anything you need.

karen said...

Hi, my name is Karen Bearden,from Santa Cruz Bible Church, I also read about Jacob in the Sentinel and followed the link to this blog. My heart breaks for your whole family, and our church staff is now praying for him.God is doing something amazing throught this blog and tragedy....we will never know how much!

Phil 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

And it is beyond all understanding, but God is faithful to bring that peace!